Should I join Twitter?

Home Page Forums General Chat Should I join Twitter?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Charles Maxwell
      Participant

I want to enlarge my author platform but don’t know where to start. Is Twitter a good choice? What is the writing community like there?

Kent Index
      Participant

I’m on Twitter.

It is slow going building up a following. The sooner you start the better.

Christian Writer
      Participant

It is free to join. You cannot get started until you get started.

Jason Latnar
      Participant

The writing community is pretty big on Twitter. I’m not sure if anyone sells more books on Twitter. At 40k to 50k follows publishers and agents start to take note. I guess that means follows = sales.

Charles Maxwell
      Participant

Thanks for the advice.

Keep ’em coming.

Burty Burtman
      Participant

There is little harm in giving it ago. If ya don’t like it you can always leave.

max
      Participant

Joining Twitter may be beneficial if you are looking to stay up to date on the latest trends in Australian web design and connect with other web design professionals. Ultimately, the decision to join Twitter is up to you.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by Matthew Brown. Reason: looks spammy
        Matthew Brown
        Keymaster

Max, irrelevant links are not appreciated here. I have removed the link from your comment this time.

Charles Maxwell
      Participant

WTF? Is “Australian web design” a big thing on Twitter? Does it matter for authors? I’m confused.

Matthew Brown
      Keymaster

As this thread has been revived I might as well give an up-to-date answer. Given what has happened since Elon Musk purchased Twitter, I would say it is no longer worth joining.

I suggest that you focus on either Instagram or Mastodon. We’ve covered both in our Author Platforms guide.

Instagram

Mastodon

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.