How would you feel about a little gamification here?

Home Page Forums General Chat How would you feel about a little gamification here?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Matthew Brown
      Keymaster

I’ve been working on gamification for another WordPress site which provides users with points and badges that they can earn by participating. The software that I used would allow for using your points to “buy” services and unlock parts of a site. I did not use the “buy” part and I am not sure it is necessarily the right choice for Author Buzz but I was thinking that points could be a good measure of participation. Maybe do something to promote users content who have high point counts in some way?

I’m just kicking ideas about at the moment but I’d like to hear from you on this subject. Do you want some gamification? Would badges you can earn for participation feel good? Would a “credit” system of some kind be something you would want?

Let me know how you feel about it.

jeffjohns
      Participant

I feel pretty indifferent. I am not bothered by the idea. Who knows? Maybe it will be fun?

Bob Bobson
      Participant

I love games. What sort of games were you thinking?

Matthew Brown
        Keymaster

Gamification means addition certain game-like aspects to something that is not a game. In this case, it would be a series of points and badges that are awarded to users for participation.

Matthew Brown
      Keymaster

I’m going to move ahead with this slowly. If you have any more feedback, please do speak up. Nothing is set in stone yet.

jeffjohns
        Participant

Just do it. If it really sucks we can always ignore it.

Matthew Brown
        Keymaster

Just do it. If it really sucks we can always ignore it.

True.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.