How to establish a narrative franchise property of books that breaks boundaries?

Home Page Forums Writer Help – a QnA for aspiring authors How to establish a narrative franchise property of books that breaks boundaries?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Jason Latnar
      Participant

How to establish a narrative franchise property of books that breaks boundaries?

I want to write something that is like the MCU – lots of stuff same universe & same franchise. How to do that?

Matthew Brown
      Keymaster

Have you been reading my Google history?

I have been researching this very topic. I’d love to leverage the power of an ever-expanding franchise to sell more and more books. In a few bullet points, this is what I have learned so far:

• The prefered term is transmedia.
      • Transmedia storytelling is pretty much like writing a long-running series but in more media.
      • Like a good series, each instalment must be a self-contained adventure that is itself satisfying.
      • The wider story should look at the journey of the community or culture (as opposed to the heroes journey)
      • Each story should be about an individual and should probably end with hope
      • No book or film should exist to set up another book or film.
      • Most film studios get it wrong.

There, that is everything I have learned in to-cut-a-story-short format.

Christian Writer
      Participant

Would this work for non-fiction too?

Matthew Brown
        Keymaster

Would this work for non-fiction too?

That’s a really good question. I see no reason why it should not work.

jeffjohns
      Participant

Transmedia is my new word of the day.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.