Help and Support

A few bugs

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Danny H
      Participant

Found these so far, but I’m on the lookout for more!!

Profile pics aren’t always being shown

When commenting on a post the site wants to use an old profile pic

Still can’t comment on the ‘New book review feeds’ post

When following someone, the error ‘The site is experiencing technical difficulties.’ is shown on a blank page. The person is set as followed though

In some member lists one or more profile pics are disproportionately large

Matthew Brown
      Keymaster

The ‘New book review feeds’ post is a head-scratcher. I cannot replicate the error on my desktop PC. I must confess being stumped at present.

The others have been added to my todo list to look into shortly.

Danny H
      Participant

Just tried commenting in ‘Author Buzz: Now more about you’, and that failed with the same error.  I noticed it used an old profile pic and I’m wondering if the system is mixing up the old profile I deleted?

Danny H
      Participant

‘When commenting on a post the site wants to use an old profile pic’

I’ve figured this one out, some parts of the site use your profile pic, others use your gravatar pic, which could be a clue as to why sometimes they don’t show at all

Danny H
      Participant

‘Still can’t comment on the ‘New book review feeds’ post’

I don’t know what’s changed, but I’ve just been able to comment

‘Profile pics aren’t always being shown’

I think this is entirely down to Gravatar, I’ve been testing the image link when a pic isn’t shown and it takes several attempts to get the image to load from the Gravatar site (page not found usually).  May I suggest dispensing with Gravatar entirely and using locally uploaded profile pics for everything?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.