Changing the front page

Home Page Forums General Chat Changing the front page

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Matthew Brown
      Keymaster

I have been looking at maybe changing the front page of Author Buzz to be the activity stream and moving the blog posts to a secondary page.

What do you think? Would this make Author Buzz more social and promote everyone’s blogs more evenly?

jeffjohns
      Participant

Try it. What is the worst that can happen? You have to change it back. That does not seem so bad.

Jason Latnar
      Participant

I’m not sure. I like things the way they are. I know my way around the site. If it aint broke don’t fix it?

Matthew Brown
        Keymaster

That is exactly what I have been thinking. One the one hand why fix what is not broken but on the other hand, the front page gives too much focus to what I write and not enough to what you all create.

jeffjohns
      Participant

How is this going?

Kent Index
      Participant

I’m all for A/B testing…

Matthew Brown
      Keymaster

So, yeah, update on that front. It seems like what I wanted to do was massively more complicated than I imagined. So much so, in fact, that creating a custom theme from the ground up is actually easier. Before Christmas, I hope to have that done.

No promises though. This is a big job and I want to get it right.

Matthew Brown
      Keymaster

Had a brainwave today. In one long burst of coding and testing, I solved the last remaining problems and made the change.

I’m not promising things will stay exactly like that. I may need to make further changes to speed up loading times but now the front page is about everyone, not just us.

Burty Burtman
        Participant

Should I take it you are sticking with this look?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.