30th July 2017 at 12:50 am #461
Have you ever heard of a character building technique where you imagine interviewing your main character?
It can be really effective and generates a solid, if non-canon, passage where the character is able to have a voice. The interview technique can, for some writers, make a huge difference for bringing a character to life.
So, let’s post our best interview your own character questions. Try to group them by theme, or question area, or something. At some future stage, I will try and compile the best ideas into a blog post so if the question did not come from you try to drop a credit where it is due.
- Hello, tell us your name and where you come from.
- Welcome _____. Thanks for being here. You mention you come from _______, do you like it there?
- What would you say were the highs and lows of _______?
Questions if they left that place
- Okay, gotcha. So tell us ________, what finally made you leave?
- What did it feel like when _______ was behind you?
- Would you like to go back there some day?
- Let’s talk about something else. Is there a significant other in your life?
- You and many others… Well, tell us this – have you ever had your heart broken? If so, what happened and who broke it?
- Uh huh, I see. Quite a story. Would you say that love and romance occupy a lot of your thoughts?
- Even so, would you consider yourself a romantic person?
- We’ve beat about the bush but tell us straight now – what do you think the future holds for you, romantically speaking?
Feel free to come up with further questions.
- This topic was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by Matthew Brown.
30th July 2017 at 12:53 am #462
Rapid Fire round
- What or who do you love?
- What or who do you hate?
- Cats or dogs?
- What is your biggest flaw?
- What is your strongest virtue?
- What is your vilest vice?
- What do you not have but wish you did?
Add more as you see fit
30th July 2017 at 1:28 pm #465
Time to get to the questions the audience really wants to know about. Who is your crush?
Have you ever kissed them?
Have you ever been kissed by anyone else?
Who do you most want to be with right now?
If you could do anything, what would it be and who would it be with?
We would not have guessed that. Who was the last person you dated and how did it end?
What would you say/do if you saw them again right now?
7th August 2017 at 9:04 pm #475
- Who were your parnets?
- Do you have any siblings?
- Did you go to school? (And if so, where?)
- Who was your best friend?
- Did you have any childhood pets?
- Well, that’s the facts and figures of your childhood. Tell us about the experince of childhood for you.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.